Please let me know how you’d like to contribute if I’m elected ALA President. I know from being ACRL President that the work starts about 2 minutes after they say “congratulations!” – so one must be preparing even while voting is still underway!
(If you haven’t yet, please be certain to vote as well! Don’t know where to access the ballot? Go here: https://www.directvote.net/ala/sendid.aspx?year=16!)
If you are interested in contributing to my presidential initiatives, I’d love to hear from you. There are specific projects that I have promised but there will also be other projects that emerge. I haven’t promised any positions to anyone during the election so everything is open. Please let me know how you want to contribute and I will find a place for you!
The questions that you will see on the webform (https://illinois.edu/sb/sec/2832718) are also listed below if you want to consider before accessing the form.
Please indicate any/all interest you have and recommend others as well!
Interest in Contributing to LISA4ALA Initiatives?
Please provide your contact information.
2. Email Address?
3. Phone number? (Optional)
4. Address? (Optional)
The ALA President-Elect gets to work right after the election results are announced. If you are interested in contributing to my presidential initiatives, I’d love to hear from you. There are specific projects that I have promised but there will also be other projects that emerge. Please indicate any/all interest you have!
5. Would you like to be on a working group related to any of the action items promised in the LISA4ALA Candidate Statement?
- APPOINTMENTS – “I will charge my appointments committee to appoint at least one person who has not previously served on an ALA committee to each committee. I took this approach as ACRL President and welcomed many newer members of the profession into leadership positions and increased the diversity of committee membership.”
- DIGITAL INCLUSION – “I commit to using ALA President funds to support promising examples of digital inclusion and to share those practices across the association. ALA policy allows us to conduct our work virtually; however, we often still rely on in-person meetings. This exclude members who are unable to travel for financial, health, work, etc. reasons. We can do better.”
- ADVOCACY FOR LIBRARY WORKERS – “I will re-engage the vision for the ALA Allied Professional Association (ALA-APA). Library workers need a strong organization to advocate for wages, benefits, etc.”
- CONFERENCE ECOSYSTEM AND VIABILITY – “I will lead ALA in systematically re-examining the viability of holding two conferences/year and the effect of doing so on member engagement and the ecosystem of division and state conferences.”
6. Would you be interested in serving on other working groups that may emerge over time?
7. Would you like to recommend someone else to serve on any of the above working groups or for others that may emerge? If so, who? (Please provide the name and contact information for the person you are nominating. If for a specific working group, please indicate that are well.)
8. Is there anything you would like at add?
9. Enter email address to receive a copy of this survey: